Friday 23 May 2014

Fake It 'Till You Make It


As of recent, my sleeping pattern seriously sucks! So I'm looking a bit worse for wear for the early gets ups for work and am preferring the few extra minutes in bed rather than spending them putting my face on. Enter 'Fake It 'Till You Make It' post. This is basically all I've been doing to my face all week to keep myself looking more bright eyed and bushy tailed as apposed to a character from The Walking Dead movie.


My skin really does not cope well with lack of sleep, so when doing my morning routine I make sure I'm including my Caudalie Beauty Elixir. This stuff seriously rocks! Firstly, it's fresh on the skin with a slightly minty smell that adds a good wake up boost. It's designed to be and 'anti-dull' treatment for you're skin and because it's so hydrating a little spray here and there really does brighten up your face. It's something I continue to spritz over my skin throughout the day. 

I'll also pat a little bit of eye cream in the morning (naturally) and around lunch times too to keep my peepers that little bit brighter (A little trick I picked up from a friend who works on a beauty counter!). This one from Caudalie, S.O.S Vinosource Morning Eye Rescue is one I'm seriously loving at the moment! It's got the hydrating your eyes thing down to a T. This has really helped to reduce my dark circles that I've had a lot of trouble with in the past. It is a light gel like, non-oily cream which soaks in super fast so you can apply a concealer straight on top without waiting for it to dry.

Next up is bright skin and I've waffled on about this little darling before so I won't dwell on it too much, but it's the Dior Glow Maximizer Light Boosting Primer. This pearl coloured liquid has got some serious glow so keeps things looking bright. It's great because you can apply it with fingers or with a brush all over your face or just where you would naturally highlight your face.

Now, what makes you look more awake than fully opened eyes aye? I've been giving my lashes a couple of pumps with my all time favourite Shu Uemura Eyelash Curlers in the morning and again at lunch time if I haven't by then given into a lick of mascara (never curl your lashes after applying mascara unless you want your lashes to drop out!). But fluttery lashes just complete the whole look don't they?

I think I've faked the 'I've totally had 8+ hours sleep' pretty well if I do say so myself! No one said i look like a zombie yet! Let's hope I haven't just jinx myself into the next week now!

This is the look all together just before I got dressed for work!


Grace x




No comments:

Post a Comment