Monday 10 March 2014

Some New Things

The other day a had a little shop in one of my local shopping centres and thought I would share with you what I got and what I think about them!



I absolutely love fresh citrus like scents so when I was out shopping with my step-mum and step-sister I had a sniff of French Connection's Fragrance EDT whilst making a few cheeky purchases at the French Connection counter and ooooh baby. This has the most lovely light citrus smell that I think is perfect for spring summer because it's so fresh. It's top scents are grapefruit, jasmine and vetiver and something I didn't realise at the time is that it's actually also a unisex fragrance so I might have to keep an eye on this when my boyfriend forgets his cologne! 







Of course something from my all time favourite skin care brand was going to be in here! As I've said before REN are my go to brand for any kind of skin problem I might be having and recently I've been getting a pretty shiney T-Zone so I thought I would try switching up my toner to their Clarifying Toning Lotion (not sure why it's called a lotion as it's definitely more liquid form) and I'm really enjoying using it! Again it has a fresh scent with hints of soft lavender which makes this quite a nice product to use after your morning cleanse and it makes my skin feel super soft which is great when you're going to be applying makeup on top. It's designed for combination to oily skin so if your looking for a new toner and you have slightly oil skin why not give this a try?




I've heard so many good things about Bourjois new products recently and I was looking for a new radiant inducing product to use pre tinted moisturiser or even without makeup! And I'm really liking using the Happy Light Luminous Serum Primer! I do find that my makeup stays on really well when I use this and the glow isn't too shocking it has more of a satin finish, nothing too glowy. 
Next, whenever I head into a boots or superdrug I always have to pick up my all time favourite concealer, Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection. Collection really peg it to the post when it comes to high coverage concealer and I think pretty much ever beauty blogger gives this their praises. The packaging isn't very luxurious, the black writing has now pretty much come off mine and I've only had it for 5 days but the product is still amazing at covering up blemishes and those late night dark circles. Definitely a must have product for everyone
I love blushers! I picked up this Revlon PhotoReady Cream Blush the other day in the colour Pinched. Its a very sheer peach colour (looks a lot more orange in the photo) thats definitely a cream to powder finish which I really didn't expect as it seems quite wet in the pan. I wore this yesterday when the weather was absolutely gorgeous with no main base makeup and it looked fantastic!


Lastly I couldn't resist picking up a few lip products especially when boots was having a 3 for 2 offer, something I really cannot ignore. I ended up getting two of the new Revlon Colourburst lip products. The first was a Laquer Balm in Demure which it a really pretty natural baby pink colour. It's not too glossy but it does have a few sparkles in which I'm a bit unsure about but I going to give it go and try to work with it. The next colour was one of the Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains in Honey it's definitely a cute 'just bitten' colour that would suit more fair to olive skin tones.
I also picked up two of the well talked about Maybelline Coloursensational Shine Glosses. I actually bought one of these during summer last year in Fuchsia Flash which I really love. The two colours I picked up were Cashmere Rose which is a really subtle and Coffee kiss which I think would be every nude lovers dream. What I love about these glosses is that they are completely none sticky and very light weight which has always been something that has put me off before.

Grace x

No comments:

Post a Comment